[PyQt] image with scrollbars in a qlabel how ?

David Boddie david at boddie.org.uk
Wed Nov 14 02:07:07 GMT 2007

On Mon Nov 12 21:22:36 GMT 2007, Joachim Schmitz wrote:

> i want to show a dialog where one can enter a text based on an image shown.
> The code below does that, except for the fact, that the image always has
> the same size, and that no scrollbars apear, what I am doing wrong ?
> I actually want the imageLabel look like the centralWidget in the
> imageviewer example ?

You need to use a QScrollArea to hold the label. Take a look at the code
for the Image Viewer example:

  http://doc.trolltech.com/4.3/widgets-imageviewer-imageviewer-cpp.html

You might find it a useful learning experience to port this example to PyQt
if it hasn't already been done. Hint, hint... ;-)

David