[PyQt] Rejoice, for PyKDE4 has landed in KDE SVN

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Mon Nov 12 22:49:51 GMT 2007

On 12.11.07 23:08:26, Hans-Peter Jansen wrote:
> Am Montag, 3. September 2007 schrieb Simon Edwards:
> > [I'll just repeat my blog post here for everyone.]
> >
> > Almost all classes in kdelibs are covered, except Phonon which is
> > waiting on imporved namespace support in SIP before we can add support.
> > Supporting tools like a Qt designer compiler that works with KDE classes
> > and uses i18n() are also in the works, along with extra support for
> > things like installation, handling i18n messages etc, and not to mention
> > documentation and example code.
>
> Today I read about the joys and wonders of Akonadi, the pim backend. One
> thing troubled me immediately: it's seems to be using some boost features.
> Given Phil's, hmm, good to understand aversion against mixing boost and
> sip, are any decisions made, how this is going to be solved for PyKDE?

I think you're mixing up things here. sip is a wrapper around C++ code
to provide python bindings, there is a library in the pile that boost
offers that does similar things. That library is not used by akonadi.
However akonadi and kdepim in general uses things like boosts autoptr
and maybe some other things (I didn't have a closer look). And even then
its not quite clear wether these things are exported in the API or just
implementation details.

So I doubt there's going to be any such problems wrapping kdepimlibs or
akonadi at some point in the future.

Andreas

--
Don't hate yourself in the morning -- sleep till noon.