[PyQt] Re: PyQt4 gc problems

Tim Blechmann tim at klingt.org
Tue Nov 6 14:49:50 GMT 2007

On Tue, 06 Nov 2007 14:34:36 +0000, Phil Thompson wrote:

> I'm afraid you are on your own - or prove the problem exists without
> boost being in the picture.

what's the matter with boost? boost::python doesn't really interfere with
pyqt at all ... all classes are completely separate ... boost::python
doesn't mess with python threading at all, the global interpreter lock is
handled by myself ...

i am not really familiar with the way sip or boost::python work, but i
nevertheless see no reason, why pyqt classes are trying to send
notifications in the gc in a thread, pyqt doesn't even know of ...

tim

ps, the code of the application can be found at
git://www.klingt.org/nova.git

--
tim at klingt.org    ICQ: 96771783
http://tim.klingt.org

The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live,
the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn,
burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across
the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and
everybody goes "Awww!
  Jack Kerouac