[PyQt] PyQT4 and eclipse

Miguel Lobo mlobol at gmail.com
Mon May 21 23:08:37 BST 2007

> Has anyone had any success using eclipse with PyQt 4.2 and Python 2.5.

I am using it very frequently.

When I run a python script with
> from PyQt4 import QtCore, QtGui
> I get the error message
> "The application failed to start because mingwm10.dll was not found."

When I run in from the command line I need to set my path and pythonpath
> before it will import PyQt but presumably I need to set something in
> Eclipse. I tried Selecting Window=>preferences=>interpreter-python and
> added a new folder (containing mingwm10.dll) c:\minGW\bin, to the
> PythonPath but it didn't resolve the problem. Any ideas?

You can modify the environment of your launch configuration i.e.

Run -> Run... -> (select the launch configuration) -> Environment ->  New...

And then:

Name: Path
Value: ${env_var:Path};"your_mingw_folder"

Regards,
Miguel