[PyQt] Using custom widgets with QtDesigner?

Karlo Lozovina karlo.lozovina at gmail.com
Mon May 21 01:22:09 BST 2007

Hi all, I'm a newbie in PyQt(4) world, convert from wxWidgets/wxPython combo.
I've done some simple applications in the following manner: I design
my GUI using Designer and convert single .ui file to Python code with
pyuic4, then I usually make a class that inherits a
Ui_SomethingSomething class, and do all the work in that inherited
class. And that workes just well for small apps, and one (somewhat
large) class.

Now I want to make an application that has a more complex UI, with
widgets responding to many custom signals. It should look like this:
one QTabWidget with a dozen of tabs, in each of the tabs a lot of
QTreeWidgets, QPushButtons, QLineEdits, and so on for all the tabs. I
would really like if it could be possible to somehow design those tabs
separately from the main UI, and put each of them in separate .ui
files and Python files. Also, It would be great if I could combine
those tabs in Designer, and not have to manually code that part.

Any help and/or advice greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

--
Karlo Lozovina -- Mosor
"Parce mihi domine quia Dalmata sum."