*** GMX Spamverdacht *** Re: [PyQt] PyQt4 feature request

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Thu May 17 21:54:20 BST 2007

On 17.05.07 21:30:00, David Boddie wrote:
> On Thu May 17 18:04:52 BST 2007, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> > On 17.05.07 15:35:00, Detlev Offenbach wrote:
>
> > > I'd like to integrate Qt-Designer into eric4 for version 4.1. In order to
> > > do that I would need the class 'QDesignerComponents' to be wrapped,
> > > although it is not documented in the Qt help pages. Do you think, that
> > > could be done?
> >
> > I guess just wrapping QDesignerComponents is not enough, at least in C++
> > you need the shared_global_p.h from lib/shared (in designer src) and
> > qdesigner_integration_p.h from the same dir.
>
> Maybe these don't need to be wrapped at all. There's probably no need to
> do everything in Python.
>
> Having said that, I'm not sure why you need shared_global.h. I only have
> the faintest idea of what QDesignerIntegration does, so I couldn't say
> whether you could avoid using it. I just don't know how all the pieces
> interact.

Well, you can probably change the qdesigner_integration_p.h and remove
its macro and then live without the shared_global_p.h, but unless you do
that you need the shared_global_p.h for the proper export macro (else
you'll get an error about the class declaration)

> > Then the setup is done like this:
>
> [...]
>
> > Then all one needs to do is create a formwindow, set its contents and
> > filename, create a QMdiArea and add the formwindow as subwindow.
>
> [...]
>
> > PS: The setup-stuff was originally written by Roberto Raggi, the author
> > of the Qt4 designer. Especially the new qdesigner_internal-line is
> > important.
>
> Unlike the Qt 3 version, Qt Designer in Qt 4 was supposed to be designed
> so that it could be integrated into other environments, so I'm slightly
> surprised that you still require private headers to get it working with
> KDevelop. :-(

Well, one doesn't need that header, you can also do the setup that it
does yourself. But if its already there, why re-invent the wheel.

So in fact I guess wrapping QDesignerComponents might be enough to
create a designer integration if you do the setup-stuff in python.

Andreas

--
It's lucky you're going so slowly, because you're going in the wrong direction.