[PyQt] Re: PyQt4 feature request

David Boddie david at boddie.org.uk
Thu May 17 20:03:01 BST 2007

On Thu May 17 15:31:43 BST 2007, Phil Thompson wrote:
> On Thursday 17 May 2007 3:16 pm, Detlev Offenbach wrote:

> > What is to be considered part of the Qt API. The respective include file
> > is part of the installation.
>
> David Boddie is the final arbiter, but basically he says if it isn't
> documented it's not part of the API.

Unfortunately, I don't get to make that decision, but I think
QDesignerComponents is not really part of the public API in the usual
sense of the word. It probably falls into the category of "public classes
for people doing advanced things" like integrating Designer into an IDE,
not those building "normal" end-user applications. :-)

That doesn't necessarily mean that it should be wrapped in PyQt. It could
still be wrapped separately for Eric4.

David