[PyQt] Noob Woes

Phil Thompson phil at riverbankcomputing.co.uk
Mon May 14 17:23:13 BST 2007

On Monday 14 May 2007 4:40 pm, Jason Hihn wrote:
> I have a QFrame-derived class I am trying to use in Python. I've got PyQt
> working ok, but I the instructions on the website seem to only apply to
> Qt3?

If you mean the SIP examples - yes. I assume you are using PyQt4.

> I followed the example, and I can't even get passed the sip command:
>
> C:\e3play\e3play>\Python-2.5.1c1\sip -c . playerwidget.sip
>
> sip: Unable to find file "qt/qtmod.sip"

That's for PyQt3. You want to %Import something
like "PyQt4/QtCore/QtCoremod.sip".

> So I tried the configure approach:
>

> C:\e3play\e3play>\Python-2.5.1c1\PCbuild8\Win32\python.exe configure.py
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>
>   File "configure.py", line 3, in <module>
>
>     import pyqtconfig
>
> ImportError: No module named pyqtconfig

pyqtconfig is part of the PyQt4 package.

> Also, I am concerned about the fact that I load UI files at runtime where
> I've used designer to promote the widget to a custom widget. (The widget
> that I am trying to wrap.) Are there any additional concerns to make
> QFormBuilder be able to load this class?

I'm not aware of any PyQt specific issues, though most people probably use the
uic module rather than QFormBuilder.