[PyQt] freezing PyQt4 applications

Roberto Alsina ralsina at kde.org
Sun May 13 14:17:56 BST 2007

On Sun 13 May 2007 09:32:03 Fabiano Sidler wrote:
> Hi folks!
>
> I want to freeze.py my PyQt4 scripts. Unfortunately it does not work,
> neither by copying the site-packages/PyQt4 directory and using
> PYTHONPATH nor by specifying the PyQt4 modules on the cmdline by the
> freeze.py "-m" switch or module path.
> How can I still freeze my script, if possible to a single ELF file?

I have had some success using cx_freeze. Not to a single file, but to a single
folder, at least.
I only needed to tell it manually to add sip.

--
 ("\''/").__..-''"`-. .         Roberto Alsina
 `9_ 9  )   `-. (    ).`-._.`)  ralsina at kde.org
 (_Y_.)' ._   ) `._`.  " -.-'   KDE Developer (MFCH)
(l)-'' ((i).' ((!.'   Buenos Aires - Argentina

by definition, not smart enough to debug it. --Brian W. Kernighan