[PyQt] Menu layout problem

Roberto Alsina ralsina at kde.org
Sun May 6 04:06:32 BST 2007

On Sat 05 May 2007 21:46:41 David Boddie wrote:
> On Sat May 5 23:17:07 BST 2007, Roberto Alsina wrote:
> > It's strange, I am having a problem with the menus of one specific PyQt4
> > app I am writing: The menus are too small for their content.
> >
> > You can see a picture here: http://flickr.com/photos/ralsina/485530306/
>
> OK, so the keyboard shortcut is written over the main menu text.
>
> > All other apps work well, including other PyQt apps.
> >
> > The same window, seen in designer works ok.
> >
> > I have tried changing the Qt theme using qtconfig, and it makes no
> > differenc, in all themes I get things like that (but not identycal. For
> > example, on Motif that entry looks ok, but the submenu arrows overlap
> > menu contents).
> >
> > Maybe someone saw someting similar and can help me?
>
> Can you post a link to your code, or at least post the relevant lines where
> you create the menu?

It's created using designer, so there is nothing special about that. You can
get the code from http://code.google.com/p/ra-blog/source but I am not really
sure it runs on any box other than mine, though :-(

It's the window defined in BartleBlog/ui/mainwindow.ui

If I run only the Ui_mainwindow.py it works just fine, too. It's only when
it's running as part of the main program.

--
 ("\''/").__..-''"`-. .         Roberto Alsina
 `9_ 9  )   `-. (    ).`-._.`)  ralsina at kde.org
 (_Y_.)' ._   ) `._`.  " -.-'   KDE Developer (MFCH)
(l)-'' ((i).' ((!.'   Buenos Aires - Argentina

by definition, not smart enough to debug it. --Brian W. Kernighan