[PyQt] some questions for a syntaxhighlighting component

David Boddie david at boddie.org.uk
Sun May 6 01:43:21 BST 2007

On Friday 04 May 2007 12:08:15 +0200, kib2 wrote:

> 1. I've downloaded the last version of PyQt, now I wanted to test the
> QtScintilla control but I'm on a Vista machine and I've got
>   problems compiling SIP with MingW (not entirely Vista compatible ?).
> Does anyone have some hints to help me ?

I'm not even using Windows! Maybe someone else has already encountered this
issue.

> 2. I've tried the syntaxhighlighter demo without success, only the first
> line of a file is highlighted.
>   The Qt4.2.3 C++ version works pretty well on my machine. What's wrong ?

I think there's a bug in the Python port of the example. Could you possibly
take a look at it and see if you can fix it? :-)

> 3. In looking at the syntaxhighlighter demo code, I saw that it used a
> simple TextEdit control. The only problem I see with it is that I cannot
>   see any gutter margin for line numbers/folding. Did someone wrote
> something similar already or do you have any idea on how to do this ?

I think someone may have done this for one of the C++ IDEs that have appeared
over the last year or so. Maybe you can take a look at how it was done in
QDevelop, for example:

  http://kde-apps.org/content/show.php/QDevelop?content=49498

David