[PyQt] PyQT4 always 'Segmentation fault' ,help me please

haiyun jiang jiang.haiyun at gmail.com
Tue May 1 13:48:28 BST 2007

2007/5/1, David Boddie <david at boddie.org.uk>:

> On Tuesday 01 May 2007 09:26:00 +0800, "haiyun jiang" wrote:
>
> > I am having some serious problems with *PyQT4*,
> > when i run pyqt script, I always get 'Segmentation *fault*'.
> >
> > the script is simple:
> > ======================
> > %less qttest.py
> > from *PyQt4* import QtGui, QtCore
> > import sys
> >
> > if __name__ == '__main__':
> > app = QtGui.QApplication(sys.argv)
> > w = QtGui.QMainWindow()
> > w.show()
> > app.exec_()
> > ======================
>
> OK. Just to clarify things for other readers, I noticed from your message
> comp.lang.python that you're actually using the line
>
> from PyQt4 import QtGui, QtCore
>
> without the asterisks in the quote above.

 YES.
 And I am sorry, the asterisks may be created during the "copy & paste"
process. I posted this  message at comp.lang.python first, and then copyed
and posted here.So there is no asterisks in the script source.

[...]

>I noticed that the maintainer of the FreeBSD ports of PyQt4 is reading this
>list. Perhaps he has some suggestions for ways to solve this problem.

>David

I have rebuilded the PyQt4 from source, but the problem seems to be
remaining.
And I notice the notes for gettext on
http://www.freshports.org/devel/gettext/:
It says:
"As a result of the upgrade to gettext-0.16.1, the shared library version
  of libintl has changed, so you will need to rebuild all ports that
  depend on gettext (ie: most of them, sorry):
    portupgrade -rf gettext
"
and PyQT4 have some dependence on gettext.
I install gettext-0.16.1 just as "make install clean" and link  libintl.so.6to
libintl.so8 as
"ln -s /usr/local/libintl.so.8 /usr/local/libintl.so.6".
Now I "portupgrade -rf gettext", hope this can make some help.

Regards,
jiang.haiyun