[PyQt] SIP Support for wchar_t

Giovanni Bajo rasky at develer.com
Tue Mar 27 10:52:44 BST 2007

On 3/25/2007 4:06 PM, Phil Thompson wrote:

> As of tonight's snapshot SIP has support for wchar_t. There are some issues
> related to wide strings and the heap - see the documentation for details -
> which could be partly addressed with some new annotations. I'd prefer that
> any changes are based on real world examples, so let me have some feedback if
> you use want to use wchar_t in your own bindings.

OK, first issue: it looks like both char* and wchar_t* map to the same
Python type. I'm wrapping an API like this:

    void Foo(char* string);
    void Foo(wchar_t* string);

The idea is that a 8-bit string (Python "str") goes to the first
function, while an Unicode string (Python "unicode") goes to the second
function.

Comments?
--
Giovanni Bajo