[PyQt] qtrc? other options?

David Boddie david at boddie.org.uk
Sun Mar 25 13:12:04 BST 2007

On Friday 23 March 2007 15:27:27 -0600, Kerri Reno wrote:

> Matt Newell wrote:

> > Try calling QApplication.setPalette(...) with a palette of your choosing.
>
> Thanks so much!  That works great, except for the window border, which
> is still grey.  I  know that comes from the os, so if anyone has any
> ideas how to change the window border in linux without a window manager,
> I'd appreciate the info.  I can live with it, but would rather change it.

You might be able to change these colours by customizing some window manager
specific settings in the .Xdefaults file or in the configuration file for the
window manager you are using.

Another option might be to set the FramelessWindowHint widget attribute for
your top-level windows:

  http://www.riverbankcomputing.com/Docs/PyQt4/html/qt.html#WindowType-enum

David