[PyQt] Re: i18n() in pyKDE -- some strings remain untranslated

Henrik Pauli ralesk at muszaki.info
Fri Mar 23 17:59:07 GMT 2007

On 2007. March 23., David Boddie wrote:
> Without seeing the actual files, it's difficult to be able to say. I'd
> suggest things like mismatches between the encodings used in the source
> code and the translation files, but I don't even know if that could be
> an issue.

Everything is in UTF-8, as recommended in the kde translations howto (and
common sense).

> Can you direct us to some example .po, .mo and .py files that show the
> problem? Or even to a minimal example somewhere?

The files are all available in SVN at
http://ljklient.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/ljklient/trunk/ or alternatively
you can download a source tarball or a .deb file (the latter will install
the .mo's to their rightful place — /usr/share/locale/<lang>/LC_MESSAGES (the
personal path is at ~/.kde/share/locale/<lang>/LC_MESSAGES)).

It appears that two of the “Don't” lines aren’t in the .mo file and neither is
Query… (no idea whatsoever, I guess I’ll hit poEdit with a hammer), but many
others are: Edit Friends…, Tags…, Don't e-mail comments are all present and
offending the translation.

Thanks :)