[PyQt] Deploying a PyQt4 application on Windows using py2exe

Tony Cappellini cappy2112 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 05:06:40 GMT 2007

I've created an exe using Py2exe.
I've tried to use Doug Bells PyQt4-based rpcalc and convertall
applications as a guide.

When I run my app, it has a problem resolving the PyQt4 imports.

    from PyQt4.QtCore import *
ImportError: No module named PyQt4.QtCore

These are included in the library.zip file that py2exe generates, and
are in the same directory
as the executable generated by py2exe, as are all of the files from
the dist subdirectory.

I've noticed that the QtCore.pyc and QtGui.pyc files in the
library.zip file are only 500 bytes each

Does building an exe with py2exe require some special steps that I've missed?