[PyQt] Some bugs in the PyQt documentation and examples

Shriramana Sharma samjnaa at gmail.com
Sun Mar 18 16:58:02 GMT 2007

1)

The API reference for QApplication needs to be updated. The third
paragraph contains many references to exec() which should all be changed
to exec_().

2)

In the tutorial programs: #06 and #07, range(4) is used, which is not
wrong but the original Qt tutorials 06 and 07 are written for 3 widgets.
This may lead people who are new to Python and are comparing the C++ and
Py examples for Qt (like me) to think (???) that to get 3 items one
needs to use range(4). Of course to anyone who knows Python syntax this
is meaningless. Still why should we let the user have that difficulty?
Let's change it to range(3).

3)

In the tutorial #08, in line 39 it should be LCDRange.setRange and not
LCDRange::setRange since :: is only in C++. This is a nitty-gritty since
the string is not in syntax but only user visible but still for the sake
of perfection.

Thanks for PyQt.

Shriramana Sharma.