[PyQt] Re: i18n() in pyKDE -- some strings remain untranslated

Henrik Pauli ralesk at muszaki.info
Sun Mar 18 16:48:48 GMT 2007

On 2007. március 18., I wrote:
> 137 			self.preformatComboBox = KComboBox(False, self, "preformatComboBox")
> 138 			self.preformatComboBox.insertItem(i18n("Automatically format
> entry"), 0)
> 139 			self.preformatComboBox.insertItem(i18n("Don't preformat
> entry"), 1)
>
> Which should be just right... (give or take a few curly apostrophes
> modified by GMail as I write this message)

Okay, magic word: curly apostrophes.  Unicode data.  In a non-u'' string.
i18n() doesn't even accept unicode objects, though.  Probably because the
original accepts a char*, but that’s a UTF-8 encoded char*…

But then, I did try to remove the apostrophe (saying “Do not” instead) and
modify the .mo file, and it had similarly no effect… or to escape it with
\xE2\x80\x99, similarly no effect.