[PyQt] Re: [PyKDE] PyQt 4 doesn't allow to create an application, given an already open display. How to solve it?

mikos at centrum.cz mikos at centrum.cz
Thu Mar 8 13:20:52 GMT 2007

>Ironically ctypes doesn't provide the necessary C API to do this. However if
>(in Python) you can get the address of the real data structure as a number
>(ctypes.addressof() ?) then you can create a sip.voidptr from it and I can
>add the ctors to accept that.

Well, ctypes.addressof is intended to "Return the address of the C instance internal buffer",
is this what you need? If yes, can you please implement it in PyQt as you said?
I can do some tests for you if you want, but this is all I can do, I don't know anything about sip.

I would be really happy if this support for passing already opened display, visual and colormap
to QApplication will be supported in PyQt, not only in Qt. Thank you really much for your help.

Michal Krenek (Mikos)