Slow file dialog (was [PyKDE]

Tony Cappellini cappy2112 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 7 08:04:57 GMT 2007

Message: 5
Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2007 23:38:23 +0100
From: David Boddie <david at boddie.org.uk>
Subject: Slow file dialog (was [PyKDE] Re: PyKDE Digest, Vol 32, Issue
       10)
To: pykde at mats.imk.fraunhofer.de

On Mon, 5 Mar 2007 15:17:37 -0800, Tony Cappellini wrote:

>>Can you try one of the examples that uses a file dialog in a similar way
>>to your application? It's possible that you'll see the same behaviour.
Are you referring to one of the C++ examples, or Python examples?

>>Does the problem look like any of the tasks listed on this page?
Most of them look like they were reported for Linux or Mac systems, however,

96475 - QFileDialog slow to show when opening a network drive

Is about as close as it gets. My situation does not involve a network drive.
I'm just trying to open the QFileDialog in the current directory on my
HD (under WIndows XP).