[PyKDE] Unexplained delay calling Python method

Tony Cappellini cappy2112 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 1 06:51:54 GMT 2007

I'm using Pyqt 4.2.2 on Win XP, SP2.

I've got a button which is connected to a method I've written.
Here is the connect line

        QDialog.connect(self.ui.actionOpen, SIGNAL("triggered()"),
self.fileOpen)

here is the method it calls

    def fileOpen(self):
        '''
        Displays the file open dialogue, allows the user to select patches
        to be converted.
        '''
        FileDialog = QFileDialog()
        FileDialog.setFilters(['*.pch', '*.*'])
        msg = QApplication.translate("MainWindow", "Select patch files
To Convert",  None, QApplication.UnicodeUTF8 )
        #self.ui._TargetFilesToConvert =
QFileDialog.getOpenFileNames(None, msg , os.getcwd(), '*.pch *.*')
        self._TargetFilesToConvert =
list(FileDialog.getOpenFileNames(None, msg , os.getcwd()))
        if self._TargetFilesToConvert:
            self._DisplayFilesToConvert()

When I press the gui button, the FileOpen dialog takes almost 10
seconds before it appears.

I've tried running this in WigIDE, and set a breakpoint in FileOpen.
I see the same behavior. There is a unexplained long delay between the
time the button is clicked, and the time the breakpoint in FileOpen is
hit.

I just don't understand this.