No subject

Thu Mar 8 10:26:06 GMT 2007

portion of it, thus forming a work based on the Program, and copy and
distribute such modifications or work under the terms of Section 1 above,
provided that you also meet all of these conditions: "

Anyone want to make me really happy and point out where I'm wrong?

btw, trolltech, I would certainly like to hear the official stance on
developing GPL applications in Qt in Windows.  It appears that even though
I've paid a chunk of money so I can develop commercial Windows/Linux
applications with Qt, I cannot license anything under the GPL if I use
Python/PyQt in any fashion (because it's crossplatform itself and would be
expected to run on Windows) and cannot develop *any* Qt application for
Windows that would be licensed under the GPL.

Does this mean that PyQt previous to the new license Phil implemented was
violating the Qt license agreement.  Of course, this is a little silly, but
all the implications are in place...  Has trolltech considered developing
wrappers for languages other than C++ so we don't have to play these games.
I suggest you take a look at Smoke, a recent addition to KDE.  Maybe
something similar could be developed by Trolltech in house.

Greg