[PyQt] PyQt v4.3a1 Binary Installer for Windows

Gerard Vermeulen gerard.vermeulen at grenoble.cnrs.fr
Mon Jun 25 18:20:29 BST 2007

On Mon, 25 Jun 2007 17:21:56 +0100
Phil Thompson <phil at riverbankcomputing.co.uk> wrote:

> > > Does it mean that it is impossible to build a PyQwt installer
> > > for this package? It was possible for
> > > PyQt-gpl-4.2-Py2.5-Qt4.2.3.exe provided that I built sip and PyQt
> > > myself.
> >
> > Afraid so - like I said, 95% of users.
>
> ...but how big are PyQwt and Qwt? I don't have a problem with
> including them if they aren't huge.

I have an NSIS exe installer of almost 1.5 Mb including Qwt
documentation which uncompresses to 9 Mb (the doc is also
available on the web).

PyQwt has an option to compile and link the Qwt source statically
into the Python module.

Problem is that my installer requires  numpy (http://numpy.scipy.org).

PyQwt works without numpy, but I like to find the fastest method
(faster than the sequence protocol) so that PyQwt uses numpy when
a user has installed numpy (there has been talk about an extended
buffer protocol, but ...).

When do you plan to release PyQt-4.3?

Gerard