[PyQt] commercial pyqt configure problem

Phil Thompson phil at riverbankcomputing.co.uk
Wed Jun 20 19:53:06 BST 2007

On Wednesday 20 June 2007 7:21 pm, David Haroldsen wrote:
> Hello,
> I'm having difficulty installing the commercial version of pyqt. I'm
> using MinGW and have successfully installed SIP. I'm using the
> precompiled version of QT/qmake. The same issue happens whether I use
> this version or the latest snapshot. In line 58 of the qtdirs.mk.Release
> file there are two less than characters "<<" and when removing these
> (and compiling this file alone) it will get past this to the next
> occurrence of the characters, but these files get re-created each time
> the configure script runs so I'd like to know the root of the issue and
> if anyone knows how to get it to work.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
> Thanks,
> Dave
>
> C:\pyqt\PyQt-win-commercial-4.2>python configure.py -w
> Determining the layout of your Qt installation...
> c:\Qt\4.3.0\bin\qmake.exe -o qtdirs.mk qtdirs.pro
> mingw32-make -f qtdirs.mk release
> mingw32-make -f qtdirs.mk.Release
> mingw32-make[1]: Entering directory `C:/pyqt/PyQt-win-commercial-4.2'
> mingw32-make[1]: Leaving directory `C:/pyqt/PyQt-win-commercial-4.2'
> qtdirs.mk.Release:58: *** missing separator. Stop.
> mingw32-make: *** [release] Error 2
> Error: Failed to create release\qtdirs.exe. Make sure you have a working
> Qt v4
> qmake on your PATH or use the -q argument to explicitly specify a
> working Qt v4
> qmake.

Which pre-compiled version of Qt, ie. for which compiler? It sounds like Qt
might be set up for one compiler but you are using another.

As a quick and dirty hack you could try changing the return statement of the
fix_qmake_args() function in configure.py so that it is...

    return "-spec win32-g++ " + args