[PyQt] New PyQt book: 1/2 available...

Mark Summerfield mark at qtrac.eu
Tue Jun 19 16:52:11 BST 2007

Hi,

Just to let you know that the first half of my new book,
    "Rapid GUI Programming with Python and Qt"
which is based on Python 2.5, PyQt 4.2 and Qt 4.2, is available online at
http://safari.informit.com/9780132354189

The cover can be seen on Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/Programming-Python-Prentice-Software-Development/dp/0132354187

Both websites say it will be 500 pages, but actually it'll be around 550
pages (excluding appendices and the index, so around 600 pages in total).

The electronic "rough cut" edition will be updated with improved text,
improved examples, new screenshots, and will also have more chapters
added to it, in the coming months. The rough cut is not as "perfect" as
the print edition will be---and it is not free---but even so, it has
more than enough to get you started with PyQt.

I believe that experienced PyQt users will also get real value from the
whole book, and especially from the second half---even Phil has said
that he'd learned new things from it.

For those who prefer paper and are patient, the printed book is due out
in the US at the end of October.

--
Mark Summerfield, Qtrac Ltd., www.qtrac.eu