[PyQt] pyuic vs. uic.loadUi()?

Dirk Reiners dirk at lite3d.com
Fri Jun 15 16:34:19 BST 2007

	Hi Everybody,

as I said already I'm just starting out using PyQt and therefore I would like to
tap into the experience pool on the list to avoid making fundamental mistakes
early in the project that are hard to fix later.

I'm trying to decide whether to a) use pyuic4 to generate a python module to
include, or b) use uic.loadUi() to load the .ui file directly.

As far as I can see the only possible disadvantage of b) is the time it may take
to create the ui compared to just loading the .pyc file. The advantage is not
having to remember to run the build system (scons in my case, thanks to Patrick
Hartling for the pyuic builder!). A difference (neutral) is not being able to
derive from the module and avoid having to add .ui to access the ui variables,
but that doesn't look like a big deal.

Is there something more that I'm missing?

Thanks

	Dirk