[PyQt] About QSystemTrayIcon, I Need some tips

Gustavo A. Díaz gustavo.diaz at gmail.com
Mon Jul 23 23:29:37 BST 2007

Hi Guys!!

I've been progressing a lot lately with my app in PyQT (
http://opencoffee.lnxteam.org), but like i am newbie in programming world
and Python/QT, somethings cost me to understand. And i read the classes from
the PyQT site, but i dont know c++ and i not pretend to learn it, is why i
choose Python.

I jave systray working perfectly. But i have a problem since Qt4.3 upgrade.
Maybe is jusy my code:

With Qt4.2 the same implementation of Systray in PyQT, when i was pressing
in the close button of my APP (in the WM button) the app hides to the
systray.
Since QT4.3, when i click on the close button, the app closes.

How i could fix this? or what do i need to add to my code to work correctly?

Another thing i wan to implement is to click on the systray of the app and
hide it, and click again to show it. I was trying but without success...

My code:

Systray code:
http://opencoffee.lnxteam.org/trac/browser/trunk/opencoffee-server/core/systemTray/tray.py
Signals and Slots for Systray: