[PyQt] Can't build latest PyQt snapshot on Ubuntu

Torsten Marek shlomme at gmx.net
Sat Jul 21 05:28:11 BST 2007

Andreas Pakulat schrieb:
> On 20.07.07 22:51:55, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
>>> Attached is mine as a comparison.
>>>
>>> It would appear Ubuntu have been messing with Qt (as distros tend to do), so I
>>> would report it as a bug with them.
>> Same thing here with Debian packages. Looking at the source package
>> reveals nothing obvious.
>>
>> Looking through the Qt sources there's only 1 place where QT_SHARED is
>> set, thats src/qbase.pri and its added to PRL_EXPORT_DEFINES.
>>
>> The thing is: I have no idea what that variable is supposed to mean and
>> its not obvious what it does.
>>
>> So I'm not so sure about the "distro messes with Qt" thingie.
>
> Ok, here's what I found: The reason that -DQT_SHARED is not added is
> because Debian removes the link_prl option from qmake.conf. I guess the
> reason is that this is not needed on a debian based system most of the
> time.
>
> So adding
>
> CONFIG += link_prl
>
> to qtdirs.pro (don't know wether the file is generated or not) solves
> the problem.
>
> I've sent a bugreport to debian asking for a fix, leaving link_prl in is
> not an option as that causes other unwanted side-effects (like an
> application that uses QtSql module to always link against mysql libs).
>
> Also I checked Debians pyqt package but the configure.py in that version
> (4.2) didn't yet check for QT_SHARED as it seems. Which is why it works
> there.
>
> Andreas

Hi Andreas,

in the snapshot package, I'm currently manually adding QT_SHARED to the defines,
because I didn't have the time to investigate properly. PRL file handling is
patched anyway (in sip) to prevent unwanted library dependencies.

best,

Torsten

- --
Torsten Marek <shlomme at gmx.net>
ID: A244C858 -- FP: 1902 0002 5DFC 856B F146  894C 7CC5 451E A244 C858
Keyserver: subkeys.pgp.net