[PyQt] Can't build latest PyQt snapshot on Ubuntu

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Fri Jul 20 21:51:55 BST 2007

On 20.07.07 12:43:43, Phil Thompson wrote:
> On Friday 20 July 2007 12:40 pm, you wrote:
> > Here is the produced qtdirs.mk.
>
> Attached is mine as a comparison.
>
> It would appear Ubuntu have been messing with Qt (as distros tend to do), so I
> would report it as a bug with them.

Same thing here with Debian packages. Looking at the source package
reveals nothing obvious.

Looking through the Qt sources there's only 1 place where QT_SHARED is
set, thats src/qbase.pri and its added to PRL_EXPORT_DEFINES.

The thing is: I have no idea what that variable is supposed to mean and
its not obvious what it does.

So I'm not so sure about the "distro messes with Qt" thingie. Here's
what debian runs configure with:
       ./configure -confirm-license \
                    -prefix "/usr" \
                    -bindir "/usr/bin" \
                    -libdir "/usr/lib" \
                    -docdir "/usr/share/qt4/doc" \
                    -headerdir "/usr/include/qt4" \
                    -datadir "/usr/share/qt4" \
                    -plugindir "/usr/lib/qt4/plugins" \
                    -translationdir "/usr/share/qt4/translations" \
                    -sysconfdir "/etc/xdg" \
                    -platform $(PLATFORM_ARG) \
                    -fast \
                    -no-rpath \
                    -system-zlib \
                    -system-libpng \
                    -system-libjpeg \
                    -system-nas-sound \
                    -qt-gif \
                    -qt-sql-psql \
                    -qt-sql-mysql \
                    -qt-sql-sqlite \
                    -system-sqlite \
                    -qt-sql-sqlite2 \
                    -I/usr/include/freetype2 \
                    -lfontconfig \
                    -cups \
                    -no-exceptions \
                    -debug \
                    -qdbus \
                    -pch \
                    -nomake examples \
                    -nomake demos \

Maybe its the -pch or the -no-rpath or the -fast. Anyway I'm not sure
wether PyQt's buildsystem can rely on QT_SHARED being defined or wether
it needs to use other means to find out wether Qt is a shared or static
lib (like checking the filename extension of the QtCore library file).

Andreas

--
Truth will out this morning.  (Which may really mess things up.)