[PyQt] QDoubleValidator

Katja Wegner k.wegner at herts.ac.uk
Fri Jul 13 18:13:27 BST 2007

Hello,
I use PyQt 4.2.1 under Linux and 4.2.2 under Windwos. The
QDoubleValidator does not work. I set a range of 0.0 to 1.0 but the user
can still enter what ever he wants in a QLineEdit and  even negative
values. Did anybody experience the same or know how to solve it (except
writing my own)? The funny thing is that some line edits allow negative
values and some don't, although they are all created with the same method:

edit.setValidator(QDoubleValidator(0.0, 1.0, 9, self))

I also checkd the validator of each line edit (edit.validator()) and the
values are correct but it doesn't work.

Thanks a lot,
katja