[PyQt] Extracting QMap<int, QVariant> from a QDataStream

Paul Giannaros ceruleanblaze at gmail.com
Wed Jul 11 21:10:01 BST 2007

I'm trying to receive drops on my widget from a QListWidget. As the Qt4
documentation is fairly bad regarding what data is stored in the QMimeType of
a QDropEvent, I've been looking at the source. The data is packed into a
QDataStream with the following:

int r, c;
QMap<int, QVariant> v;
stream >> r >> c >> v;

Where r and c are row and column respectively (extracting with a readUInt32
from my drop event confirms that). I think the QMap maps column to text.
How do I extract that QMap from the data stream? I imagine it's not going to
be straightforward as QMap isn't present in the bindings.