[PyQt] Qt has caught an exception thrown from an event handler

Tuvi, Selim stuvi at slac.stanford.edu
Thu Jul 5 19:47:00 BST 2007

Hi, I am working on an app that is crashing with the following error:

Qt has caught an exception thrown from an event handler. Throwing
exceptions from an event handler is not supported in Qt. You must
reimplement QApplication::notify() and catch all exceptions there.

The crash occurs intermittently and I can't seem to localize it. I tried trapping it with sys.excepthook and by inheriting QApplication and reimplementing notify() but that didn't help.

Do you know of a way I can troubleshoot this?

I am using Python 2.5.1, PyQt4 snapshot 20070701, SIP snapshot 20070620 and Qt 4.3.0 under Windows XP. As far as I can tell, I didn't have this problem when I was running with Python 2.5.0, PyQt4 4.1.1, SIP 4.6 and Qt 4.2.3.

Thanks

Selim Tuvi, Research Engineering Group, SLAC
GLAST, I&T Online, MS 98
Tel:650-926-3376 Fax:650-926-2221