[PyQt] PyQt v4.3 binary installer for Mac

Curtis Faith curtis at worldhouse.org
Wed Jul 4 12:12:45 BST 2007

Adam,

The Mac being FreeBSD-based is a different animal than Windows. It
comes with all the *nix tools installed including Python, gcc, make,
etc. Windows does not come with these tool thus making a binary
installer much more desirable on Windows.

Installing PyQt on the Mac is quite easy.  I highly recommend
installing Qt from sources however. There are dependencies on the
current tools (Python version, etc. which is already installed on the
Mac) and Qt version which make the normal:

	python configure.py
	make
	sudo make install

process desirable.

Installing QScintilla (and the Python bindings) on the Mac is quite
another matter due to some Mac-specific quirks. I have recently
posted the changes required to make this work. If you have any
problems with this let me know.

- Curtis