[PyKDE] Is there a clicked signal for a QLabel ?

Giovanni Bajo rasky at develer.com
Wed Jan 31 12:59:09 GMT 2007

On 1/31/2007 11:06 AM, simon stockes wrote:

> I have a gridlayout of QLabels. What it the signal to use in this
> context to change, for exemple, the text from the QLabel I have
> **clicked** ?

*All* widgets receive *events* from mouse clicks, which can be handled
by subclassing and overriding the event function, or by installing an
event handler.

Some widgets, by default, handle events by emitting corresponding
signals. This is done for widgets where the specific events need *often*
to be handled (eg: a click for a button), so that the user can customize
the behaviour by connecting a slot.

In you case, Trolltech decided that QLabel usually don't need click to
be handled, so they didn't provide a standard event handler which emits
a standard signal for it. But you can do it yourself, in your own
QClickableLabel, though.
--
Giovanni Bajo