[PyKDE] Re: embedding python widgets in C++ app

Miguel Lobo mlobol at gmail.com
Sun Jan 28 00:55:37 GMT 2007

> It's there to ensure that PyQt4 can be installed side-by-side with PyQt5.

I like the fact that QtCore and so on are submodules of PyQt4, instead of
top-level modules.  It reduces the chance of namespace clashes, which are
always annoying.

It seems to me that Python is a bit too lax on the namespace clash avoidance
issue.  There are too many standard modules with simple names that might
clash with the user's own modules.  Perhaps they should do like Java and have
python.lang.*, python.util.* and so on.

Anyway I hope my patch gets accepted, which should solve the problem as far as
PyQt4 is concerned.

--
Miguel