[PyKDE] Compliling pyqt4

pykde at x11.cjb.net pykde at x11.cjb.net
Mon Jan 15 02:46:27 GMT 2007

Two replies!  Y'all are amazing.

On Sunday January 14 2007 8:49 pm, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> Check to see that there exists a qtdirs.pro and qtdirs.cpp as well as a
> qtdirs.mk. If all of those exist try running make -f qtdirs.mk

er, Where exactly should I look for those?

> My guess is that the last one fails with some error message, post that
> error here.
This error?

$ make -f qtdirs.mk
g++  -o qtdirs qtdirs.o    -L/usr/lib -lQtCore_debug -lpthread
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lQtCore_debug
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [qtdirs] Error 1

> Oh and btw, make sure you installed libqt4-dev and qt4-dev-tools.
Check.  Check.

On Sunday January 14 2007 8:51 pm, David Boddie wrote:

> I'm guessing you actually wrote "-q" rather than "- q".
Tried that again to be sure.

>Qt 4 _may_ be located at
>/usr/share/qt4/bin/qmake as well.

Indeed it is there:

$ ls  /usr/share/qt4/bin/
lrelease  lupdate  moc  qmake  rcc  uic

But no dice.

$ python configure.py -q /usr/share/qt4/bin/qmake
Determining the layout of your Qt installation...
Error: Failed to create ./qtdirs. Make sure you have a working Qt v4 qmake on
your PATH or use the -q argument to explicitly specify a working Qt v4 qmake.