[PyKDE] newbie on PyQt4

David Boddie david at boddie.org.uk
Wed Feb 28 01:19:16 GMT 2007

On Tuesday 27 February 2007 13:30:18 +0800, Marco wrote:

> Hello, everyone!
>  My Desktop is KDE, and now I'm studing how to write GUI via PyQt4, is
> there some project that I can learn? (example is good start but most
> of it is just examples only)

The examples included with PyQt4 should show you the basics, and they aim to
do that while demonstrating the "correct" way to use certain features. Beyond
those, the applications get more complex, but might be more difficult to
learn from or comprehend. You'll have to decide for yourself which are good
to learn from.

There's a list of applications at the PyQt/PyKDE Wiki:

  http://www.diotavelli.net/PyQtWiki/SomeExistingApplications

Some of these were created with PyQt3 and PyKDE, and other more recent
additions use PyQt4. I've also started adding links to things I've written
to the Qt-Apps website:

  http://www.qt-apps.org/

There's also Eric3 and Eric4 to look at if you want to look at something
substantial:

  http://www.die-offenbachs.de/detlev/eric.html

If you're looking for libraries and frameworks then there are quite a few
interesting projects out there, many of them related to scientific work
and data visualisation/presentation:

  http://pyqwt.sourceforge.net/
  http://pymca.sourceforge.net/
  http://home.gna.org/veusz/

It might also be interesting to look for PyQt applications on the KDE-Apps
website:

  http://www.kde-apps.org/

David