[PyKDE] Re: Threading problem with PyQt4 and Macosx

Michael Guntsche mike at it-loops.com
Tue Feb 27 17:55:12 GMT 2007

On Feb 27, 2007, at 11:56, Phil Thompson wrote:

> While closer to the Qt behaviour, I think it means that the
> explanation gets
> too complicated. I think its better to say...
>
> 1. If the slot is a Python callable, it's executed in the thread
> that called
> connect().
>
> 2. If the slot is a Qt slot (specified with SLOT()) then it is
> executed in the
> receiver's thread.
>
> If all you have is 1. (and the receiver is derived from QObject)
> but you want
> 2. then convert the method to a Qt slot using pyqtSignature and use
> SLOT().

Hello Phil,

I tried the pyqtSignature+SLOT approach with the snapshot from the
22nd. It works for QString or int arguments,
but if I use PyQt_PyObject it hangs again. In this case it does not
matter WHERE I call the connect (main thread, __init__ of the thread,
run() of the thread) it hangs every time.
I will test it with the "-g" switch today if time permits.

Kind regards,
Michael