[PyKDE] Re: Threading problem with PyQt4 and Macosx

Michael Guntsche mike at it-loops.com
Fri Feb 23 20:38:37 GMT 2007

On Feb 23, 2007, at 20:43, Matt Newell wrote:

>> I can reproduce this problem with the latest snapshot.  It seems
>> that the
>> main thread is waiting on a semaphore(Qt) for the worker threads
>> while
>> holding the python GIL.  The worker threads all get stuck waiting
>> for the
>> GIL.

Hello Matt,

Can you try and change the connect to a QueuedConnection? It looks
like it is using a "DirectConnection" now.
I was sure I tried that before, but back then I was using events and
not signals.
I tried it on my computer, but although the "connect" returns True I
do not get the emitted signal in my main thread.
I do not understand why.

Kind regards,
Michael