[PyKDE] Keeping the GUI from freezing

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Mon Feb 19 17:07:14 GMT 2007

On 19.02.07 11:36:43, Michael Lara wrote:
> Hi Andreas!
>
> > There is QApplication::processEvents which can be called to run through
> > the event loop at any given time, however (...)
>
> Thank you! You just provided the answer to the question I just posted! : )
> By calling processEvents() the button gets updated as desired.

As I said, this runs through the even loop, which you need to be aware
of. Among TT and KDE developers it is considered harmful to use
processEvents, except for very rare and very special cases. Using
threads or external processes should always be considered the better
option.

Andreas

--
You will be honored for contributing your time and skill to a worthy cause.