[PyQt] Fwd: drawComplexControl

Oleg Klimov omgtech at gmail.com
Sun Dec 23 16:35:09 GMT 2007

On Sun, 2007-12-23 at 17:11 +0100, Attila Olah wrote:
> To put it straight:
>
> Is it possible to *always* show a complex widget in a tree/table cell
> without writing my own paint()?
>
> My current opinion is NO, not even in C++.

Widget is more then paint(), it should be also mouseMove(),
keyPressed(), focusMove() etc.

For widget to integrate nicely into another widget, the latter must
support child widgets. I'm almost sure QTreeWidget does support widgets
within cells. Look at the QTreeWidget::setItemWidget().

If it doesn't work, try subclassing TreeItem. I've tried it in qt3/c++,
works quite well, my task was simply to make a separator. For start, you
likely will have to override size hints, paint, get some columns
geometry from header().

 Oleg