[PyQt] QtGui.QSessionManager: Syntax

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Fri Dec 14 13:38:24 GMT 2007

On 14.12.07 22:11:55, Chris Giles wrote:

> > The same syntax I guess. PyQt4 is nothing else than Qt4, but with python
> > syntax rather than C++. So just translate the C++ specific language
> > things into the Python language equivalent and it'll work. In
> > particular that page says you should override commitData() and
> > saveState() not call it.
> >

> Thanks for the reply.  I don't think the same syntax will work in this case
> because " QSessionManager" can't be instantiated or sub-classed in PyQt4.
> Again, here's what I've tried:

Thats all wrong. You are supposed to override saveState and commitData
in your own QApplication subclass.

As Phil already said: You're not supposed to create a QSessionManager,
just to provide code that stores that state of your application.

Andreas

--
Good day to let down old friends who need help.