[PyQt] QtGui.QSessionManager: Syntax

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Fri Dec 14 11:42:25 GMT 2007

On 14.12.07 20:22:45, Chris Giles wrote:
> > > I want to use "QSessionManager" in my PyQt4 application, so that it will
> > be
> > > reloaded when the user logs back into KDE.  I've tried all of the
> > following
> > > without success.
> > >
> > >    - QtGui.QApplication.saveState ( QtGui.QSessionManager() )
> > >    - aMain.saveState( QtGui.QSessionManager() )
> > >    - smCurrent = QtGui.QSessionManager()
> > >
> > > The error message I receive in each case is as follows.
> > >
> > >    - TypeError: QtGui.QSessionManager cannot be instantiated or
> > >    sub-classed
> > >
> > > I searched on the web for this but found nothing of much use.  Can
> > someone
> > > please explain how to use "QSessionManager" from within a PyQt4
> > > application?
> >
> > http://doc.trolltech.com/4.3/session.html
>

> Thanks, that tells me how to do it in Qt4.  What I also need is for someone
> to explain how to do it in PyQt4, since "QSessionManager cannot be
> instantiated or sub-classed", as noted above.
>
> At some stage, it's looking like I'll need to use "QSessionManager" and none
> of the above methods work in PyQt4.  I'm hoping someone can supply me with
> syntax that will work in PyQt4, rather than Qt4.

The same syntax I guess. PyQt4 is nothing else than Qt4, but with python
syntax rather than C++. So just translate the C++ specific language
things into the Python language equivalent and it'll work. In
particular that page says you should override commitData() and
saveState() not call it.

Andreas

--
Many changes of mind and mood; do not hesitate too long.