[PyQt] Newbe: ui files and resources

Oleg Klimov omgtech at gmail.com
Wed Dec 12 12:25:55 GMT 2007

>    It seems to me that a better behavior for
> pyuic4 would be for it to _not_ include that

Well, I think you would agree what there IS some point in automating
resource loading when you load the form. Python loads modules only
once, so there's nothing wasted when many forms import one resource
module.

If you don't like the way name is constructed, you have plenty of options:

1. Create directory 'stuff_i_dont_like' and put generated ugly-named
files here. Add this dir to sys.path and here you go, imports work.
2. Amend source code of pyuic4,
3. Use grep/sed/awk to filter out imports,
4. Use files, not resources,
5. Set icons etc by hand.

 Oleg