[PyQt] Packaging PyQt4 Applications

Angel Leon gubatron at gmail.com
Fri Dec 7 15:05:11 GMT 2007

Hi There,

 I've sucessfully managed to package my PyQt4 application with the help of
py2exe for windows and py2app for macosx.

 I'd like to create something similar for linux, if possible a .deb to be
able to distribute for Ubuntu and Debian (and from there I can use alien for
RPM, or create my own Tar).

 What's usually the mechanism for deployment of your PyQt4 apps, do you just
use the python setup tools and have the users do:

  python setup.py install

or is it pretty easy to find all the binary dependencies and put em in one
place for easy distribution?

Angel

--
"Linux: Because rebooting is for adding new hardware"

Linux User #399138
My P2P Client - http://www.frostwire.com
My Infinite Storage Page - http://www.mybloop.com
My Podcast - http://www.wedoit4you.com