[PyQt] C composite module problem and workaround

V. Armando Sole sole at esrf.fr
Wed Dec 5 16:49:31 GMT 2007

Hello,

I have found some difficulties freezing my applications with cx_freeze.
Previously I did not have any problem and I have been using the same
scripts as before.

The problems seem to be related to the use of the C composite module. If I
remove that module and replace it by a Qt.py module importing exactly the
same modules as the composite module all the problems disappear.

I know that module has been introduced to allow the use of badly packaged
distributions of PyQt. Perhaps it would be a good idea to pass an optional
parameter to configure.py to say we do not want the C module but the Qt.py
module.

As far as the C module is not doing anything else than from "PyQt4.xxxx
import *" the problem has an easy workaround, but please, keep it in mind
if you think about adding other features to it.

Best regards,

Armando