[PyQt] Can't load UI files under Turkish locale

Giovanni Bajo rasky at develer.com
Fri Aug 10 19:46:12 BST 2007

On 8/10/2007 1:01 PM, Ismail Dönmez wrote:

>>> Ping?
>> I'm waiting for your reply to Giovanni's question.
>
> To reply Giovanni, yes uic is running from a program who uses system locale
> which is tr_TR.UTF-8.

Are you saying that, in your system, as soon as you start the Python
interpreter, the locale is tr_TR.UTF-8? Or that your application changes it?

Anyway, I must say that, in either case, uic should probably be locale
independent. I think it's well possible that an application has the need
to change the locale and then use uic, and this shouldn't break everything.

I wish the locale setting wasn't process-wide, but we must blame C and
posix for that :)

Your suggested fix seemed like the best solution.
--
Giovanni Bajo