[PyQt] big problems with py2exe and cxfreeze on latest PyQt4

Bastian Salmela bastian.salmela at gmail.com
Wed Aug 8 08:04:03 BST 2007

last message was sent to old address. sorry if this is duplicate. (just
making sure)

hi, I'm running Python 2.5, Qt 4.3, and latest PyQt4..
when I try to wrap up my program (that works just fine) into distribution
package (exe), it stops working.

program doesn't start at all, I get immediately an error message, and it's
the same for both py2exe and cxfreeze.

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "var.py", line 9, in <module>
  File "PyQt4\QtGui.pyc", line 12, in <module>
  File "PyQt4\QtGui.pyc", line 10, in __load
ImportError: No module named _qt

same program worked fine on qt4.2 and old pyqt.. only started after i
upgraded..

any help highly appreciated, thanks!

.b