[PyQt] KGlobalAccel, again

Adeodato Simó dato at net.com.org.es
Sat Aug 4 10:21:52 BST 2007

* Jim Bublitz [Fri, 03 Aug 2007 23:23:37 -0700]:

> It could be a bug in the C++ KDE code, although I'd be surprised (a C++ test
> case would be helpful).

Please find attached my attempt at traducing the Python example to C++.
Compiles (*) and runs fine, I hope it can be of any help.

  (*) moc gaccel.cc >gaccel_moc.cc && g++ -o gaccel -I/usr/include/kde -I/usr/include/qt3 gaccel.cc -lqt-mt -lkdecore -lkdeui && ./gaccel

> It could also be some misunderstanding of how to use
> KGlobalAccel, but that seems unlikely too. It's probably a PyKDE problem, but
> it's one I'd find very difficult to track down and what time I have to spend
> on PyKDE is going to the upcoming KDE4 version. With that only a few months
> away, I'm reluctant to spend a lot of time on PyKDE3, and this looks like it
> would take a lot of time - I've spent a few hours on and off on it today

> If I get some free time, I'll try to get back to it, but that's not likely at
> the moment - sorry. Anyone else is welcome to look into it.

Okay, I understand you want to focus in KDE4. It's only the application
I was writing really needs global shortcuts. Thanks for your efforts so
far, though.

Cheers,

Adeodato Simó                                     dato at net.com.org.es
Debian Developer                                  adeodato at debian.org

Testing can show the presence of bugs, but not their absence.
                -- Dijkstra