[PyQt] KGlobalAccel, again

Adeodato Simó dato at net.com.org.es
Fri Aug 3 19:50:42 BST 2007

Hello.

I'm having the same problem as [1] when using KGlobalAccel. In a
nutshell, the program crashes when pressing the configured global
shortcut.

  [1] http://www.riverbankcomputing.com/pipermail/pyqt/2006-May/013268.html

I tried adding /Transfer/ to the KGlobalAccel constructor as suggested
there, but the result is the same (patched the PyKDE version in Debian,
3.15.2+20060422; 3.16.0 gave me a compiler error when building).

I would really really really like to see this fixed. If there's anything
I can do to help with that, please let me know.

Here's a sample program that shows the issue: run it and press Ctrl-Alt-U.

---------------------
import sys

import kdeui
import kdecore

def main():
    application = kdecore.KApplication(sys.argv, 'test app')
    main_window = MainWindow(None, 'main window')
    main_window.show()
    application.exec_loop()

class MainWindow(kdeui.KMainWindow):
    def __init__ (self, *args):
        kdeui.KMainWindow.__init__(self, *args)

        self.global_accel = kdecore.KGlobalAccel(self)
        self.global_accel.insert('action', 'Action', '',
            kdecore.KShortcut('Ctrl+Alt+U'), kdecore.KShortcut(),
            self.slot_action)

        self.global_accel.updateConnections()

    def slot_action(self):
        print "Inside slot_action()"

if __name__ == '__main__':
    main()

Adeodato Simó                                     dato at net.com.org.es
Debian Developer                                  adeodato at debian.org

And how do you tell an extroverted mathematician? He looks at *your* shoes
while he's talking to you.